Coronavirus/COVID-19, Wargame Developments, and the Conference of Wargamers 2020
THE NUGGET will continue to be published on a regular basis, but it has now become necessary to temporarily move over to an electronic format (i.e. PDF) rather than a printed format. This will be available online via this website as well as being sent as an attachment to an email to all members.
This will last for as long as is absolutely necessary, and printed issues will be published when the current panedemic is over.
16th March 2020
It is now apparent that the current pandemic is going to have a significant impact on life for all of us. In the light of this, we have decided on the following measures:
· Until Knuston Hall informs us that they will not be able to host this year’s Conference of Wargamers (COW 2020), we will continue to plan for it to take place.
· Bearing in mind the number of members who fall into the group who have been identified as vulnerable (i.e. those who are over seventy years of age and/or who have an underlying medical condition), anyone wishing to cancel their booking for COW 2020 may do so without penalty.
· Anyone wishing to cancel their booking for COW 2020 will receive a full refund of all monies they have paid less the cost of being a member of WD for 2020-2021 (i.e. £25.00). Those wishing to cancel are asked to contact the Membership Secretary/COW Bookings Co-ordinator by letter to the address shown below or by email (wargamer1950-AT-gmail.com). [Please replace the ‘-AT-‘ with ‘@’ when entering the email address.]
· It is intended that THE NUGGET will continue to be published on a regular basis, but that it may be necessary to temporarily move over to an electronic format (i.e. PDF) rather than a printed format. Such a move would last for as long as is absolutely necessary, and it is hoped that a printed digest would be produced and distributed after the pandemic is over.
· It may be necessary to move publication from nine-issues-per-year to once-per-quarter. This is because so much of the content of THE NUGGET is dependent upon COW.
We have not taken these decisions lightly, but we have done so in order to ensure the safety and well-being of our members and to secure the future of Wargame Developments. We may have to change the above in the light of future developments, and we ask for your forbearance in advance.
Finally, we hope that all of you and your families will remain safe and well during the pandemic.
Bob Cordery, Tim Gow, and Matthew Hartley
COW Refunds, 84 Eglinton Hill, Shooters Hill, London, SE18 3DY
What is Wargame Developments?
Wargame Developments (WD) is a group of like-minded wargamers who are dedicated to developing wargames. It is a non-commercial organisation, and its aims are:
Wargame Developments was founded in 1980, and since then it has pursued its aims in several different ways. These include:
|The page was last updated on 24th March 2020||
© Bob Cordery & Wargame Developments